Working on Right-of-Way

The Vernal City Infrastructure Inspector is responsible for inspecting all new installation and repairs done to Vernal City utilities and right of ways. An encroachment permit (PDF) must be obtained and approved by Vernal City before any work can be done within the city right of way.

A piece of heavy machinery working on a road.All work done within the Vernal City right of way must follow the Vernal City standard specifications (PDF) and Vernal City standard drawings (PDF). For questions regarding Encroachment Permitting, contact the Vernal City Planning department at 435-789-2271.

For flagger, traffic control technician, traffic control supervisor, or other classes please visit the Utah Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP) website or the Utah Basin Technical College website.